Sunday 11 March 2007

A STRESSFUL DAY!
















I've been single crewed the last two days. I've actually quite liked it. There are only a few jobs that you can do and they tend to be high priority jobs where you go as a first response.

Yesterday I only did five jobs. Three people went to hospital, two were little girls who were not well but not seriously ill. I like small people, they make me smile and restore my faith in the inherent good of people. Small jokes and a bit of fuss and wonders can be done. One of the girls, a 4YO, had tonsillitis and a temp. of 41.1C. She still nattered all the way in, except when she slept on her mums lap, and had a smile on her face. Very high temperature though, for anyone never mind for a wee tot. She did say she'd help get me organised though, so I don't think she was too sick.

Today was an endless stream of NHS referrals for chest pain. Well 6 jobs. That's all I did, six jobs. A very manageable workload. Everyone of these people was having a panic attack. Anxiety had taken over their day. Not a nice thing. Two wanted to go to the hospital and I was quite happy to oblige.

So, a stress-full day. But not for me. I may be starting to become less grumpy - but I doubt it.

1 comment:

Big Pleb said...

Mac,
I would just like to thank you and you colleagues for the fantastic work you perform day in day out. Your colleagues came to a shout involving a female on deaths door. Thanks to the door staffs first aid, paramedics and the nursing staff at A&E she is alive. I thought she was a gonna as she was in a coma and in a sh1t state with poss brain damage, lung damage and a faulty ticker! Two weeks ago I posted on my site about the incident and have just had an update that she is sat up talking!

Thanks again, when they talk about the thin blue line it includes you guys and girls as well.