Tuesday 22 May 2007

THE STORY


It should be OK to tell a tale as I suspect those involved wont read this now.

Some of you wished me well so here is the story.

I hooked up with my childhood sweetheart a wee while ago. I was very happy and got carried away with things.

She came out of a pretty destructive relationship a short while ago and I guess she thought she was ready for something new. She wasn't, certainly not what I threw at her after 20 years of carrying a torch for her. I also have more than my share of baggage to lug around and this manifested itself as a flood of love and affection. It is exactly the sort of stuff that scares me off so why did I expect her to do anything other than run? I don't know.

I felt pretty stupid at blowing it and sad that two people who really do get on so well couldn't work things out.

Anyway I'm nothing if not resilient and feel pretty normal again. I hope that she'll still be my pall but if not I learnt some pretty good lessons about where I am emotionally. Too much time on my own living in a ditch in the country. Not healthy. Even though I love it here it's maybe time for a change. Maybe I need to engage with polite urban company again.

I really do need to get a life.

PS. if you do read this, A. You'll always be cool with me <3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Shuffles uncomfortably as men tend to do when it comes to emotional things*

Sorry to hear that, hope you're feeling a bit more peachy now.

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up it's nobody's fault, just that you were both at different stages of recovery from previous relationships.And maybe take a litte time before moving in search of polite urban society, it cant be easy restoring a landrover in a town apartment.

Anonymous said...

Good auld Scots saying:
'What's for you won't go by you'.
So if it wasn't to be, then something even better will be on the horizon.

Anonymous said...

Am sorry to hear your hurting.
Carrying a torch for 20 years must have been killing your arm anyway.
Love the phrase "polite urban society" and hope if you do move it's what you find!