Thursday 7 December 2006

WEEK OFF


Been off work for the last few days. The way it works is that we do 5 twelve hour night shifts, then get a week off. Huraaaaa.

Back to work tomorrow though so I'll need to try and reset the old body clock. The 5 nights we do really messes with me. Although we get a week off afterwords its not until Monday, at the earliest, that I begin to feel human. This week hasn't been a good one sleep wise. Haven't had more than 5 hours sleep at a stretch - I like my sleep so have been a bit grumpy.

Will see what the next four day shifts bring. I actually prefer night shift and would like to think that I'd be able to work only these. In reality though I see little enough of my friends and parents so becoming a full time owl would not be a good thing.

Also at this time of year I miss the daylight, think there may be an element of SAD in my make up. This might explain why my sleep has been mixed up more than usual.

No comments: