Thursday 7 December 2006

X-MAS CHEER

I've been feeling a bit guilty today. I have done nothing at all apart from play with this new blog thing.

I should of been doing some Christmas shopping. The thing is that I'm a real Christmas humbug. I don't know where this comes from but it's the same with my birthday, which is, lets face it, more important to me. There just other days in the year.

Maybe its because I don't have kids of my own to get overexcited on the 25th and maybe it's because this drives home the reality of being single. It can be very lonely at any time but I guess that at this time of year this is exacerbated. Maybe I just need to get out there and get laid. It would help.

Anyway I've done some online shopping for my friends kids so will need to wrap and deliver these. I have also got stuff for my folks and my sister who kind of like x-mas. In fact there's not much left to do, but I should of done it today. Get it over with.

Fortunately work commitments mean that I'll be on shift for x-mas itself for the 4th year in a row. This is good from a Scrooge perspective, means I don't have to make excuses up for not going to the cousins or wherever. Also a good thing is that for the first time in 4 years I'm off for new year. I intend to spend it with friends getting very drunk indeed and feeling crap for days after.

No comments: