Friday 8 December 2006

THINGS TO COME


So,you're waiting on cataract operations - sorry to hear that but guess that explains why you tripped on the step. Thank you for laughing at my joke about causing trouble; I can see that your in pain and that your shoulder is dislocated.

What!! It happened 5 hour ago, I'd be crying like a baby and shouting for my mum. Really it's not bothering us. That's what were here for, it's my job and at 78 you've got every right to phone us.

Hopefully the morphine I give you will help with the pain on the journey in.

Is there anyone we can let know what happened? No, no family and most of the people you know are dead. Don't know what to say to this, but know that an extra bar on the fire would warm the flat up a bit and that there has not been anyone able to look after the flat for a while. It's clean but there are things, I guess, you cant do anymore.

You laugh at my jokes and I like you for it. These are the jokes I tell all the time to try and put people at ease but they are new to you and you seem to like them. Your pulse is slowing down a bit as you relax, but I can still see the pain in your eyes.

Really, its not a problem. You are a pleasure to deal with. Is the morphine working? I can give some more, I don't like seeing you in pain when there's something I can do for it.

Thank you for thanking me and my colleague. Lots of people don't. It actually means a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that you're not as lonely as I have presumed you are. I have no right to do this. I hope that you have good neighbours and that there are friends out there to check up on you or go for a pint with. I liked you and don't know why there is no next of kin to share your life with. It could be for any reason.

I hope that you are happy and that your shoulder is reduced without too much pain and that your cataract operation goes well. Take care.

No comments: