Thursday 28 December 2006

NOT AGAIN!

Last night I was driving, we take alternate shifts at this, if that's what you could call it. We were at a job in the middle of a park for a kid with a sore back.

I managed to reverse into the fence around the play area resulting in minor damage. As a result of this, however, I was feeling particularly stupid so headed away from the offending post - into mud.

We waited two and a half hours for the rescue truck who took a further hour, and 3 broken tow ropes, to get us out. So a quiet night work wise as a result. Luckily I'm off over the new year week and the copious alcohol consumption should clear my head. No doubt I'll return to a disciplinary hearing and a retraining course which, in all honesty, may not be a bad thing.

I'm off to a whisky soaked Scottish island tomorrow for a few days but will let you know how bad I was feeling on the 1st when I get back. Happy new year to one and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to put you down for "transport officer" for SWAB Team 6...but then again!
Have a good time in Scotland and have a great New Year.
kingmagic.