Tuesday 30 January 2007

FIRST DAY













Well, the first night back at work is over. I'm glad about that as I always think that I'll of forgotten everything I once knew, good to get one under the belt.

I was working with one of the two regular partners I have and was "in the back" looking after the patients. Nothing to out of the ordinary although I suspect that the last patient was having a NSTEMI. Basically this is a hear attack without the ECG/EKG changes that are normally present. It was a good cardiac story with the pain coming on at rest, nausea, clammy, previous MI. Basically he looked like he was having a heart attack and the history fitted in with this, although there was no "solid" evidence to support this conclusion.

We did everything we could and battered him in to the Doc's. Hopefully he'll be OK. He laughed at the right places when I was talking to him so he must be a good lad.

Back pain, D&I x 2, maternataxi, couple of NHSD calls that were left at home and a couple of calls we got redirected from. That was it, not bad.

One of the calls we were redirected from though was to a 30 year old man who had broken his leg playing football. Our dispatch system, AMPDS, classifies this as a green call meaning that we can be sent to something more serious while en-route. Poor bloke had been on the ground for 20 mins. when we got sent somewhere else. Where did we go --- to a drunk at a bus stop.

I should just accept this as the way things are; but I cant. It's wrong on so many levels. Frustration sets in and I know I'm back on the bus. Love it.

1 comment:

Big Pleb said...

Mac,

its the same in the police we get told an incident is happening but we cant use blues and twos due to the classification and then they send us to a crap job on blues and twos! I think its probably the MOPs not giving enough info to comms or comms need to sort out the classifications.

I have just posted some nice videos on my site pop over and have a chuckle.

Big Fella