Sunday 14 January 2007

WHAT STRANGER THING??

The first job was to a 3 YOM who had pulled a pot of hot oil onto himself. He was very lucky. About 3% burns to his arm and similar to his face. All looked pretty superficial and he’s going to be ok but I must say that jobs like this get my bowels moving. Always worry about kids in situations where things could deteriorate.

I also got to see my first dislocated patella reduced. Seen many arms and ankles etc but never a knee. The pissed 14 year old had fallen and oops, knee cap round the side of the leg. It was actually really simple. You straighten the leg and it just slides into place. Very interesting to see and something I learnt, always good.

Couple of assaults, a spurious OD and an old dear that woke her daughter up coughing. There was at least one other job but, honestly, I can’t remember what it was; oh there was a 73 YOF with the flu. That’s about it though.

Another Saturday night over and more lives saved. Job done. Not even any prats to contend with although I have a feeling that one of the assaults probably got what was coming but, who am I to judge.

No comments: