Sunday 7 January 2007

TODAY.

I've been trying to fight of a cold for the last 5 days. It has inspired me to try and stop smoking again. I think, however,that the double whammy of man flu and nicotine withdrawal could explain yesterdays paranoia and inability to join up any two thoughts.

Today was a good day though. Only once did I have to refrain from hitting someone. Calling an ambulance for a sore throat you were at the doctors with on Friday is stupid. Stupid people breed. Breed lots. More than the average bear.

I'm shivering, have a runny nose, headache and everything hurts. Just one punch would of made me feel so much better. If it was in the right spot it might of stopped him breeding. Even the thought brings a glow to my otherwise pallid, snot-covered visage.

Of to my scratcher early tonight. My eyeballs hurt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why but you always make me laugh... not fake laugh, but proper laugh in the real world. Its also nice to see a paramedic who admits to mistakes in the open too.

Iain MacBain - or maybe not!!?? said...

Thanks carmello, sometimes I make myself laugh too.

Anonymous said...

As a bobby I so understand you wanting to thump someone (sore throat). One of my many pet hates is trivial, vindictive people (middle class people in particular because they should know better) who phone us for small things. I was fortunate to patrol a lovely part of the country for a good few years. Beautiful scenery gorgeous houses etc. one Friday night I received a call for youths causing annoyance (the main job we get). I drove to the address. Quiet country lane, lovely house. Knew the area, definitely not a problem spot. Not a sight or sound of an annoying youth.

“Come in come in officers”

Half an hour of ear bending, on a Friday night!!!!!!!

“Do you get much trouble with kids causing problems”, I asked?

“Oh no, not usually”.

Some people don’t know they are born. I nearly faint with rage.

So I stand up spray the dominant male with CS so as to knock him out of the equation, then draw my baton & club the woman bloody. As I leave the address I set fire to the hallway.

Right off subsequently passed to radio controller.

“All parties advised. No offences”.

If only. Ah!

Anonymous said...

I always find the vision of using a rusty cheesegrater across the shins, then drilling with a broken hand drill-bit covered in tramps shit and then extracting the bone marrow from the tibia and infusing hydrochloric acid into the bone helps get through the day.

Hope you get better iain. SWAB training starts soon.

grannys.myth.peeler sounds like he could be a good candidate for SWAB along with Inspector Gadget.

Iain MacBain - or maybe not!!?? said...

In sickness, in health and even in the employment of the ambulance service I'm up for SWAB!!

Anonymous said...

mate,

I thank you for your kind words. they were a good start to the day.
for hangover i recommend 2x horse strength pain killer, flat coca cola, 2 pints of water, a bear can butty ya know! & then back to boby's.